Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Wasted Week


I hate this time of the month, for obvious reasons as most women do, but for me, in particular, I am exhausted. For about five days I am just so freaking tired. I wake up after nine hours sleep...tired.

It's an impossible feat to get through the day. Even after I tap my arsenal of teas, Vitamin B, almonds, Ginseng and attempts to "power through it", I still want to curl up on the couch at Noon and take a nap. Even now...I've been up for awhile but feel it's time to lie down again - it's 9:30a. On top of it, I can't think - which is why some of these post will be shorter. It's like the words forgot how to form in my mind and on my lips. It's insane!

Yesterday I fought through it HARD. At the end of the day, I finally decided to take a walk. I felt alive for about 10 minutes and then....head on pillow, legs folded underneath on the couch, out cold.

And of course, there's the inevitable day where I will be annoyed with everyone and everything. I have realized that I can be pretty brutal. So, apologies to any sales and customer service people I might deal with - I don't tend to talk to friends, loved ones or basically anyone I care to keep in my life on this day. You have no idea what's coming at you from the other end of the phone - pure hell. There's nothing you can do to make the situation better, so don't try. It's almost best if I simply shut down on this day than to impose my craziness on anyone.

It wasn't always like this for me. Sister1 told me to pay attention in my 30's as "certain things will change", and they have. As if a slower metabolism wasn't enough, now I'm crazy! I guess I could have it a lot worse. I'm not exactly the woman in "I'm Gonna Get Ya Sucka" who, at special times of the month, turns into Medusa, fire shooting out of her eyes. However, when you're already trying to find the energy every day to stay excited and keep moving forward, this feels like a set back. A set back of five days....not rollerblading, not feeling alive and excited for the next phase of my life to unfold, not getting the things done I've promised I would. My "To Do List" seems to be growing exponentially this week. A wasted week...excuse me, I have to go lie down now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, you';ve chosen to go on this wild ride with me best leave a comment cuz I love 'em and you! xoxo