Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Mayor Made Me Lazy Today

I attended The Mayor's party last night and it was awesome, except all the people who normally come - like 100+ - never showed. Sweet! Easier for me to get to the bar and I don't have to say "excuse me" to the nut jobs who stand right in front of the food table, grazing, while in conversation. Uhm, stop touching all the food, grab yourself a plate, fill it up and go sit on the couch! It's just plain rude, and I wanted the sushi.

It was a great opportunity to see some people, talk with some people, hand out my business card and enjoy an amazing view of the lake, beach and downtown Chicago from a deck 38 flights up right on the water. Of course, temptation, eventually (or always) gets the best of me, and after a few glasses of wine I talked a friend into taking off his expensive shoes and walking along the beach with me. We sat, listened to the waves, talked and drank out of our to-go cups. Life, in that moment, was pretty perfect (and NO, there is absolutely NO interest in this male friend. Great guy, but I don't do co-dependency, although while driving home we rocked out to Michael on his awesome car stereo. Cool!).

Unfortunately, and oddly enough, despite the fact I wasn't wasted when I got home I have been completely worthless today, got sucked into an NCIS marathon (yum, Mark Harmon. Looked good in the '80's and still does!), caught a cat nap and now catching up with my fav bloggers. Not so worthless, but the To Do List....I even shortened it specifically thinking I could get these key 15 things accomplished - the longer list is much more overwhelming; paralyzing and often makes me want to have a cocktail! Well, the evening is still young. I'm off to see if I can make it all happen. Ooohh, I should order a pizza! Distractions.

2 comments:

Nikki Neurotic said...

Haha, I love the flirt counter you added!

Epiphany said...

LOL! It's helping me stay focused on having fun. OR it's reminding me I'm in a pathetic dating rut. HA!

Post a Comment

So, you';ve chosen to go on this wild ride with me best leave a comment cuz I love 'em and you! xoxo