Saturday, July 17, 2010

Dawn Arising

I love to sleep. I mean, I really love to sleep. It's one of my favorite things to do in life. Albeit, I hate when I wake up after a "niner" and still feel like I need more. So, although I'm thrilled that my landlord is finally coming over to finish work on my apartment (it only took a year), you can imagine how not thrilled I am to be up at 6am on a Saturday morning after a not so restful night.

Yes, I was told by him yesterday that someone would be here at 7a. Now, 8a on a Saturday I can deal with; 7a during the week is a strong possibility, but never, never, never on a Saturday morning.

With that said, it is so quiet in the city at the moment and the sun is starting to rise further in a clear blue sky. Last summer, I would actually get up and rollerblade along the lake to enjoy the sunrise. I would do it again, if only I fell asleep around 9p the night before, but who wants to be a big 'ol nerd and do that on a Friday night? Not this girl! Not every Friday! It is quite lovely and although I complain about it, I secretly love it. BUT, there is definitely a nap in my very near future. The Mayor has a party tonight. A veritable "who's who" of Chicago media and politics. His parties are always interesting, but I will require rest be for primping for presentation and mingling.

This morning, I am prepared to make my sleepy ass work to conquer a number of things on the 'ol To Do List. In case inquiring minds want to know, I'll be cleaning (it never really ends), looking at opportunities to teach either online or off (income), client work and managing my other blogs. Shwew! I'm determined to get this all done, including a nap and a few errands by 2pm.

Not so quick! It seems like a lot of time, but it never is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw you clicked to follow my blog :-) so I did the same ;-) Like what you write about. Your picture of the sun rize over Lake MI looks the same as my sun set over Lake MI...Gee I guess that is because we have different perspectives when we look out over the lake :-)

Crazy Brunette said...

Sounds like we both have HIGH aspirations to get out fucking TO-DO lists done...

I've had mine for 2 fucking weeks now!!!! Damnit, I need to step this shit up!!!

Nikki Neurotic said...

I'm not a morning person at all. I used to have a job that required me to start at 6am-I'd have to get out of bed at 4:30. Didn't matter how early I went to bed the night before, I was ALWAYS tired.

Epiphany said...

Thanks, Jeff. Love the Lake from your perspective. No chance to get out there this summer.

CB - damn, I got sucked in by tv this morning. Back to being productive!

Silver - Tylenol PM helps. LOL

Post a Comment

So, you';ve chosen to go on this wild ride with me best leave a comment cuz I love 'em and you! xoxo