Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Online Dating - love/hate relationship

In the spirit of kick starting my love life, and hopefully pathetic sex life, I joined an online dating site.  Now, I've done this many times.  Met some great people and also a ton of players - yea! Not.  However, since I work from my home and barely leave it in the winter - why would you if you don't have to? Although we've had a relatively warm winter in Chicago it's still freakin' cold out.  Plus, the only love affair that is new is with my new, super soft, brushed cotton flannel sheets I got for Christmas (Thanks, Santa).

Before I upgrade from teetering on pathetic into adopting that calico (and two others) I saw recently, I thought I'd better get back in the game.  Seriously, cobwebs have grown.  I've gained weight, instead of losing, which was part of the plan here, and my new wardrobe consists of wearing leggings and big sweaters on a daily basis.  If I'm not careful all sense of sexuality will be sucked out of my body and given to someone more deserving.  There's really nothing too sexy about me these days and I just have to get out of that groove, because it ain't headin' anywhere good.

For the most part I'm enjoying the experience.  When I first signed up it was as if all the men on the site smelled fresh meat and I was immediately bombarded.  Let me tell you, it does wonders for the self-esteem!  Still, as exciting and fun as that is, the initial rush dies when you realize most of them don't meet your top five criteria.  So, I pleasantly turn them away and go hunting.

In the last month, I've met some great guys, BUT it's like they really have no intention of ever getting in touch with you.  They want your number to text, but not to go out.  I'm sorry.  I don't do commitment phobes.  They say they want a relationship and to find that special someone but there is no follow through.  Zip. Zilch. Nada.  It's crazy.  I have met and emailed with several guys, suggested we get together or talk on phone and then all of a sudden they disappear.  Come on!  Pull up your panties, deal with your issues and maybe you will find what you say you're looking for.  If I can be truthful about my reality, so can anyone.

The good thing is that these guys are taking themselves out of the running on their own.  I don't need to date emotionally unavailable or geographically undesirable men.  This is one thing I know, is that I always pick these guys because I know it won't work out and then I can go back to the safety of my solitary life.

Don't get me wrong.  I do enjoy my solitary life.  It can be fun but as friend's lives change and I see what I want getting further and further away from me, I realize it's time.  I'm not 25 anymore.  I...cough...can't even say where I'm at.  I don't believe it and that may be part of the problem.  The other is my emotional baggage, but, hey, I'm dealing with it.

Let's see if I can actually tie one of these guys down for a date.  I'm desperate for a shower, heels, and a sexy dress.

xoxo

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

A sexy dress, and somewhere to wear it will bring you out of that slump maybe? Even if the date stinks, at lease you got dressed up and went. Good for you for getting out there!

Epiphany said...

Totally! That's exactly what I need. I also need to make some time for me! xo

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I've never tried online dating but I've looked around the sites at guys in my area and what's sad is that there's hardly anyone from my area on them!

Post a Comment

So, you';ve chosen to go on this wild ride with me best leave a comment cuz I love 'em and you! xoxo