Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Harry

Over the last few weeks, as I begin to slowly announce to friends that I now, officially, have "A Boyfriend", I get the same questions - What's he like? What does he look like? Tell me about him...

Fortunately, I was clever enough to save a picture from his profile before deleting my account, but that doesn't seem to suffice.  So, like any woman, I further cyber stalked him into his Facebook page.  (I know you're wondering why we aren't friends on FB yet, but it's just one of those steps we'll get around to.  I'm enjoying the pace of not rushing into anything.)  On his FB page, I am able to see all of his photos, probably because we have some friends in common.  Digging....digging.... hmmmm...blonde gal, looks Russian....hmmmm....an ex.  I am much prettier.  HA!  I finally find the perfect picture of him at a restaurant, ready to dig into his meal and smiling.  For a moment, I think he looks like Harry from Sex & The City and then I realize, he is Harry from Sex & The City.  He's my Harry.

I always thought I wanted Smith - I've dated Smiths - but clearly they couldn't give me what I needed because, unlike Smith, they're all too in love with themselves to love anyone else.

Of course, this is all confirmed after immediately popping in the S&TC DVDs when Harry first comes on the scene.  Of course!  Hairy back, a guys' guy, a little uncouth, totally NOT what I expected (I mean completely NOT the person I expected), sometimes crass, a clown, willing to get on his knees in the middle of the grocery store to beg for a kiss, happy go lucky, he is who he is, and absolutely so sweet to Charlotte.  How could she, or I, resist?  As one website describes Harry,

"Are a smooth head and a hairy back your cup of tea? Are you looking for a man who makes you laugh but is a wildcat in the sack?"

Yep, Steven is MY Harry.  He's goofy, silly, sometimes vulgar, not accustomed to a lot of the finer things in life, which were beat into me, and always so sweet to me.  He makes it clear everyday how he feels about me.  No three words can make that any better than it already it is.  So, here's to all the Harry's.  You have so much more to offer us women than you know, and you will meet a beautiful woman who sees it and appreciates it!



xoxo

3 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I always end up dating Harry's but kinda wish I could get a Smith to date me!

Canadianbloggergirl said...

Oh sweety, I'm so happy for you!

Btw, I have been outta the loop for longer than I imagined. I had more time this morning, and you're the first blog I came to. I needed to find out what was going on with my girl!

I can tell you're just fine.

CBG
canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

Epiphany said...

CBG - Love you, girl! I'll stop by soon!

CS - Listen, The Harry's is where you want to be. The Mr. Bigs are nice but can be cold, the Smiths are hot, but rarely as sweet and caring as the character. In reality, they don't exist, but Harry does. Embrace it.

xoxo

Post a Comment

So, you';ve chosen to go on this wild ride with me best leave a comment cuz I love 'em and you! xoxo